Rapid Access IUC Centres of Excellence
Abbotsford Medical Centre is a member of RAICE (Rapid Access IUD Centres of Excellence). RAICE is a network of clinics and health care providers across Canada who are experts in IUD insertion and care.
RAICE clinics must meet the following criteria:
(1) have an expert IUD insertion team;
(2) accept patients making their own appointments without referral by their health care provider;
(3) appointments for IUD discussion and insertion made quickly;
(4) offer training in their communities to the public and/or to other health care providers;
(5) are committed to continuously improving the care they provide;
(6) must provide access to the copper IUD as emergency contraception.
Visit the website to find the nearest RAICE clinic near you.